Wednesday, September 8, 2010

International Yummy



Hey guys! John and I got back from the Honeymoon. It was so fun and we had a great time- my first big adventure to Europe.
Anyway, I'm probably going to post like a million photos on Facebook, so I thought I'd just put some yummy food photos on this blog, since that was the best part of the trip (in my opinion). I've already decided my next trip is going to be an official "eat your way through _____" trip!




Oh my gosh this was my favorite plate. It's the specialty of Santorini, which focuses on cherry tomatoes and fava beans, which are grown on the island, along with feta cheese. There are tomato patties and tomato paste! Mmm.


John ordered the "gyro plate" which is basically all the things that go into a gyro, but all spread out so you can pick and choose. You also get french fries with everything.


Mousakas!!!!!! Mmmmm. My all-time favorite Greek dish. It came with a greek salad of big tomatoes, cucumbers, and kalamata olives. Perfection.


Pogacha is a Croatian flat bread that I am obsessed with- there's a restaurant that makes it in Bellevue that is only open a few hours a day. At a national park, we found an example of an ancient way of making it. I was so excited!! I couldn't actually eat it, because it was a display :( Everyone thought we were really weird- apparently it's like going to a supermarket and asking "Do you have bread? OMG!!!"


There was something called "World Chocolate Buffet" Where there were TONS of chocolate sculptures, including pharaohs, Big Ben, mermaids, and this Leaning Tower of White Chocolate Pisa. Mmmmmmm. I had a chocolate overdose that night.


Fruit ministrone- I was surprised how easy it was to be vegetarian in Europe. This was one of the most creative, along with a watermelon-bean salad.


You HAVE to have Spritz with your afternoon meal in Venice! It's an orangey alcoholic drink. Mmmm very yummy. And you always get potato chips with your meal in Venice, weird!


I love these produce markets in Venice. The peppers were really cool.


Super yummy veggie sandwich (although cost me 12 euro! Ridiculous.) Eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers.


And those were the culinary highlights! Now I have to get used to cooking for myself now.

PS just for you kids:

3 comments:

  1. Such awesome pictures! You know those kids of Kathy and J.L.--they go anywhere, they take pictures of food! I want to visit the World Chocolate Buffet...mmmm. And that cat in the last picture is just what Rufio will look like (if he doesn't already).

    P.S. We want to talk to you two and come to see you soon!

    -Matt and Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good!!! I wish you two could have stowed some away in your suitcase for your poor college-ridden sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww not allowed!! they check to make sure no food is near.

    ReplyDelete