Monday, August 23, 2010

News from Jenna's World

Hello Dear Friends,

A whirlwind, indeed. Though my transition was speedy and smooth, Sea Mar is popping up in many various locations. The first day I went to school, for the rural medicine symposium, I learned about the WWAMI program that Terry and Anna will be in. Way cool. At the end of the day, I sat down at a table with "The gift of touch" inscribed on it with another heartwarming quotation. Not bad.

In the first class period of Epidemiology, the teacher asked who had seen Unnatural Causes. Check.

And today, I learned that the doctor who will be my preceptor - I'll be working with him three times per semester for the next two years - his clinic is on South Park Street. Yikes!

What a tangled web we weave.

Three things I miss very much about Seattle:
1) Being a vegetarian here is a big deal. That sucks. I miss when it was normal.
2) Bike helmets. Bike helmets are optional here....bad idea.
3) All of you. I'm slowly meeting people, but they don't seem cool enough quite yet. Still waiting for that breakthrough. Although today, a girl knocked over her water bottle ONTO ME! This soaked my pants (as only urine could) and the sweatshirt I had sitting on the table top. Though I was very uncomfortable and cold, I think we're better friends now. Hooray!

Thinking about all of you often,
Love love love,
Jenna

3 comments:

  1. A) Good job staring new!
    B) That's very "Dickensian"
    C) WHY did you not tell us about CHEESE FEST in Madison, and that it only occurs every OTHER year?! I WILL be there some day.
    PS there will be over 8 seminars on cheese. 8!!
    http://www.wicheesefest.com/events.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops post got deleted. Stay strong being vegetarian! We did our first dissection today....very surreal.

    ReplyDelete